How to Get Hawkmoon, Destiny 2 Exotic Hand CannonDecember 13, 2020
Listen to this article
You don’t have to be a Destiny veteran to want to know how to get Hawkmoon, the original Destiny Exotic hand cannon that was just resurrected in Destiny 2. On December 8th, Bungie surprised players by releasing a quest to obtain this classic Exotic.
Before you can get Hawkmoon in Destiny 2, you will need to own the Season of the Hunt Season Pass. The weapon ties directly into the Season of the Hunt story, so if you haven’t yet purchased the Season Pass, it would be wise to do so now.
How to Get Hawkmoon
The Hawkmoon Exotic hand cannon requires the completion of two separate questlines: As the Crow Flies and Let Loose Thy Talons.
As the Crow Flies Questline
To begin this quest, visit Spider in his lair at the Tangled Shore. Pick up the quest, As the Crow Flies, from Spider’s inventory, then follow the steps below to complete this first questline.
- First feather: Search outside of Spider’s lair for the Paracausal Feather. Once outside of the lair, make a left out the door, stopping before you reach the barriers at the entrance to that area. Pick up the golden feather lying on the Fallen box.
- Second feather: Travel to The Sludge in the EDZ. Walk forward, into the ravine, then take a left and climb the ridge. There will be an old warehouse to your right. Face the forest and take a left, where you’ll see a triangular roof positioned over the broken walkway. Climb up and grab the feather off the ground of this walkway.
- Third feather: Travel to The Steppes at The Cosmodrome. Climb up the concrete pillar to your right and grab the Paracausal Feather.
- Fourth feather: Travel to the Divalian Mists landing zone in the Dreaming City. Make your way over to the entrance to the Blind Well. Grab the feather resting atop a pillar to the left of the entrance gates.
- Fifth feather: Travel to Eris Morn on the Moon. Get on your Sparrow and go left into Archer’s Line. Go down into the doorway in this area that takes you underground. Keep heading down the path until you can turn left towards the Shrine of Oryx. Keep going until you reach the Shrine. The feather will be located at the far side of the small room, next to the stairs.
- Talk to Crow: Once you have all five Paracausal Feathers, head back to Spider’s lair at the Tangled Shore and speak to Crow. He will then give you the next questline, Let Loose Thy Talons.
Let Loose Thy Talons Questline
Follow the steps below to finish this quest from Crow.
- Cry from Beyond: You will get a new task from Uldren to complete the Cry from Beyond mission. Travel back to The Sludge in the EDZ, then start the mission at the glowing bird. Follow the crow to the effigy of Hawkmoon. Picking it up will end the mission.
- Speak to Crow: Travel back to Crow at the Tangled Shore to get the next part of the quest.
- Generate and Collect 50 Orbs of Power: To power up the Hawkmoon effigy, equip some Masterwork weapons and run through a Lost Sector or two. The Kingship Dock at the Tangled Shore should help you to collect 50 Orbs fairly quickly. Orbs are generated by getting double kills with Masterwork weapons. You receive one point for generating the Orb and another point for picking it up.
- Speak to Crow: Return to Crow again. He will send you to the EDZ for the next step.
- Investigate the Coordinates: Travel to Trostland in the EDZ and follow the quest marker to the abandoned building. A door is open here where you can commune with the bird and move onto the next step.
- Collect the Feathers: Just follow the path of feathers, picking them up as you move along. You will receive the last feather from the boss in the end room. Head back to the Tangled Shore once you’ve collected them all.
- Speak to Crow: Need we say more.
- Kill Champions or Guardians: This is the hardest part of the quest, other than having to revisit Crow a bajillion times, which can be really mentally taxing. For this quest step, you will either need to grind out some Legend Empire Hunts/Lost Sectors to defeat a handful of Champions or spend some time in PvP racking up 200 Guardian kills. If you enjoy PvP, go for it, but the Champions option will be faster.
- Hawkmoon Reforged: Return to The Sludge in the EDZ for the final mission. Talk to the bird to start the mission. Defeat a bunch of glowing Taken enemies, throwing orbs at them to break their barriers in the boss room. Keep at it until you’re granted Hawkmoon, which you will use to defeat the final boss.
- Enjoy your shiny new (old?) Exotic hand cannon!