The Dawning 2020, Destiny 2 Event GuideDecember 16, 2020
Listen to this article
The Dawning returns to Destiny 2 from December 15th to January 5th. It is a seasonal event characterized by new quests, fresh recipes, sweet gifts, and festive Tower decorations. Moreover, it is also free to play for all players, as it doesn’t require purchase of Beyond Light or Season of the Hunt. This guide covers the missions, recipes, and rewards of The Dawning 2020.
How to Bake in The Dawning 2020
Talk to Eva Levante, The Dawning vendor in the Tower, to obtain Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.0. As in seasons past, Guardians must gather ingredients for Eva’s recipes. Then they must bake and deliver treats to Destiny 2 NPCs.
To bake treats, you should first select Eva’s Holiday Oven 2.0 from your Quest menu. Each recipe requires a combination of a rare ingredient, an uncommon ingredient, and 15 Essence of Dawning, which is earned by completing activities around the game world. Keep in mind that more difficult activities produce more Essence of Dawning.
Once a recipe has been baked, it will be added to your recipe list in Eva’s oven. This will make it easier to bake another. Additionally, any recipes earned in 2018 or 2019 will still be in your recipe list.
How to Collect Ingredients
Eva’s bounties offer certain ingredients as rewards. However, it is more lucrative to farm most of the required ingredients.
Uncommon Enemy Ingredients
- Cabal Oil: defeat Cabal, commonly found at the EDZ and Tangled Shore
- Chitin Powder: defeat Hive, commonly found at the Dreaming City, Moon, and Tangled Shore
- Dark Ether Cane: defeat Scorn, commonly found at the Dreaming City and Tangled Shore
- Ether Cane: defeat Fallen, commonly found at the EDZ, Europa, Moon, and Tangled Shore
- Taken Butter: defeat Taken, commonly found at the Dreaming City and EDZ
- Vex Milk: defeat Vex, commonly found on Nessus and Europa
Rare Kill Ingredients
- Balanced Flavors: get bow, sniper rifle, and scout rifle kills
- Bullet Spray: get kills with automatic weapons (such as from an auto rifle, heavy machine gun, or submachine gun
- Delicious Explosions: get explosive kills of any kind (such as from a grenade, grenade launcher, or rocket launcher)
- Electric Flavor: get Arc kills with weapons or class abilities
- Finishing Touch: get kills with finishers
- Flash of Inspiration: generate Orbs of Light with Masterwork weapons or supers (Masterworked swords seem to work best)
- Impossible Heat: get Solar kills with weapons or class abilities
- Multifaceted Flavors: get multikills on enemies
- Null Taste: get Void kills with weapons or class abilities
- Perfect Taste: get precision kills on enemies
- Personal Touch: get melee kills on enemies
- Pinch of Light: generate Orbs of Light
- Sharp Flavor: get sword kills on enemies
- Superb Texture: get Super kills on enemies
Many of these ingredients can be farmed simultaneously simply by adjusting your play style to tick multiple requirement boxes.
Recipes of The Dawning 2020
While most of these recipes are from past seasons, some are new. Add an Essence of Dawning to complete each of the following recipes:
- Ascendant Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for Eris Morn: Chitin Powder & Finishing Touch
- Bittersweet Biscotti for Crow: Dark Ether Cane & Balanced Flavors
- Blueberry Crumblers for Shaw Han: Ether Cane & Bullet Spray
- Bright-Dusted Snowballs for Tess Everis: Chitin Powder & Multifaceted Flavors
- Candy Dead Ghosts for Spider: Dark Ether Cane & Flash of Inspiration
- Classic Butter Cookies for Eva Levante: Taken Butter & Superb Texture
- Chocolate Ship Cookies for Amanda Holliday: Cabal Oil & Null Taste
- Dark Chocolate Motes for The Drifter: Taken Butter & Null Taste
- Eliksni Birdseed for Hawthorne: Ether Cane & Personal Touch
- Etheric Coldsnaps for Variks: Chitin Powder & Electric Flavor
- Gentleman’s Shortbread for Devrim Kay: Ether Cane & Perfect Taste
- Gjallardoodles for Zavala: Vex Milk & Delicious Explosion
- Ill-Fortune Cookies for Petra Venj: Dark Ether Cane & Impossible Heat
- Infinite Forest Cake for Failsafe: Vex Milk & Impossible Heat
- Lavender Ribbon Cookies for Saint-14: Vex Milk & Personal Touch
- Strange Cookies for Xur: Taken Butter & Electric Flavor
- Telemetry Tapioca for Banshee-44: Vex Milk & Bullet Spray
- Thousand-Layer Cookie for Riven: Taken Butter & Delicious Explosion
- Traveler Donut Holes for Ikora: Cabal Oil & Flash of Inspiration
- Vanilla Blades for Shaxx: Cabal Oil & Sharp Flavor
After you bake every recipe, you will be able to Masterwork your oven. This will reduce the Essence of Dawning cost from 15 per treat to 10. That said, it would be wise to bake every treat before you finish Eva’s quests.
Earn Rewards with Dawning Spirit
The flavor of this seasonal event is collecting Dawning Spirit, which is earned by completing Eva’s quests, bounties, and baking/delivering recipes. The more Dawning Spirit Guardians earn, the more the community will be rewarded.
Some of the known rewards are a customizable Exotic ship, a new Legendary fusion rifle called The Glacioclasm, and new Dawning armor. Additionally, Guardians can purchase Dawning-themed items at the Tower’s Eververse store.